A Designer is an integral part of the Engineering team bringing detailed skill and attention to the Product Handing - Coating and Conveying Product Line. The Designer will work with the team of Designers and the Production manager - creating the detailed drawings that will be used for the Manufacture of each unique piece of equipment.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Generate and revise complex assembly, weldment, and component detail drawings per the master Model layout or go-by drawing or the Protect Engineer's instructions.
- Check his/her drawings against the Equipment Layout Drawing
- These drawings are to reflect good, standard drafting practices, appropriate dimensioning, and be consistent with H&C manufacturing capabilities.
- Adapt or modify standard models to meet customer requirements. This would normally include increasing or reducing the size of components, the design of minor new components, and verify all elements for fit, form and function.
- Perform routine mathematical calculations to verify dimensions and conversions.
- Investigates adaptations and improvements to new or existing products.
- Manage budgeted hours and time lines to complete assignments on schedule.
- Will also provide other support activities including, but are not limited to:
- Loading BOMs and drawings into SAP to fill replacement parts orders in a timely fashion.
- Making drawing corrections, both for own drawings, and for those by others.
- Investigate manufacturing problems related to the project assignments and follow through to resolution, including verifying engineering rework, confirming drawing changes have been made, and the Production Engineering Manager and Project Engineer have been informed.