Heat and Control recognized for Green Efforts
Heat and Control, Inc. in Hayward, California, has been honored with the 2009 StopWaste Partnership Business Efficiency Award for outstanding achievements in enhanced operational efficiency, environmental performance, and waste reduction. Examples of the company’s environmental
performance efforts include:
- Reusing material in the manufacturing process to prevent waste
- Storing liquid nitrogen in bulk tanks to reduce the number of containers used
- Creating a company recycling program and enhancing shop floor recycling
- Reselling old equipment (through Craigslist) to give old equipment new uses
- Switching to a computerized sheet-cutting process to reduce scrap
The StopWaste Partnership, a program of the public agency StopWaste.Org, helps
medium and large-sized companies reduce waste, conserve energy and natural resources,
and cut company costs through education, grants, and expert advice from sustainability
Heat and Control, Inc. with headquarters located at 21121 Cabot Blvd., Hayward, California, is a privately held company that has been in operation since 1950. Heat and Control, Inc., manufactures and supplies machinery for processing, seasoning, conveying, inspecting, and packaging snacks, prepared foods, french fries, vegetables, and many other food products. With over 30 locations worldwide, including Hayward, Heat and Control is currently celebrating their 60th anniversary.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com. For news on our recent product additions and upgrades see new products.
Back to Company News Main Page