Creation of the project Conceptual Layout Drawing (CLD) in AutoCAD 2D format - (support function to the Application Engineering Group - when necessary)
Work with the Application Engineer in developing a project schedule prior to or after the sale
Participate in equipment/product testing
Attend project kick-off meeting with Project Manager and Sales Team
Project coordination with the Project Managers, customer contacts, vendors, Application and Sales Engineers
Taking on-site field dimensions and/or design development with the customer (when required)
Generate the project Equipment Layout Drawings (ELD) in AutoCAD 2D format
Generate a Change Order Log (document differences on what was sold vs. what is required for the functional aspect of the system)
Track the ELD approval from customer and provide detailing checklist to Production Engineering Group.
Generate the Motor and Device (MAD) list (submit to the controls house and/or customer).
Generate the Critical Controls Logic for the system (CCL)
Coordinate PLC Program simulations with the controls group
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in engineering (or engineering-related field) preferred, or
Associate of Applied Science degree in engineering field (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting, Architectural Design)
Produce accurate engineering documents (layout drawings, MAD lists, etc).
Able to travel domestically/internationally 15-25%.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Release to manufacturing completed detailed drawings
- Generate equipment Product Safety Drawings (PSD)
- Generate project specific Recommended Spare Parts List (SPL)
- Generate Installation Checklists for each piece of equipment
- Maintain time charging Networks in SAP for his/her projects
- If required, on-site or in-office installation and warranty support.
- Performance of other duties as assigned by Manager / Ex.
- Equipment development studies
- Assist in updating equipment manuals / documentation
SUMMARY: A Project Engineer coordinates the technical/financial/functional aspects of equipment ordered on a project. He/she determines the most efficient and cost-effective means of designing the system equipment. After a project is completed, the project engineer is the first point of contact if warranty issues arise.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the overall technical management of the Product Handling project.